"To encourage, education and support those interested in local government."
- To be a leader in our sector
- Break down the barriers
- To want to achieve your goals
- To be the best you can be
- To strive for more
- Believe it is achievable
- Creating networks and support groups
- Informal mentoring
- Connection with likeminded people
- Affiliation with ALGWA
- Motivation and empowerment
- Share your experiences
- Grow your ideas, expand your knowledge
- Development opportunities and ability to grow your skill set – personally and professionally
- Provision of resources
- Bursary opportunities
- Informal mentoring and support
- Learn from industry experts
- Hands on workshops and training – key takeaways to implement straight away
Goals & Objectives
- To assist in further knowledge and understanding of the function of local government.
- To encourage all to participate in local government, in particular women.
- To encourage all to make a career in local government, in particular attracting and retaining women.
- To watch over and protect the interests and rights of women in local government.
- To take action in relation to any subject or activity affecting local government legislation
- To act in advisory capacity to intending women candidates for local government election.